AND HOW WE TREAT IT
What IS DRUG ADDICTION?
Drug addiction is a complex, multi-faceted disorder.
Major indicators of drug addiction include cravings, withdrawal and unsuccessful attempts to stop or control use.
There is a myth that addiction is a moral issue, or a problem that is maintained by poor character or lack of willpower. This is simply not the case.
Addiction is a chronic disease, one that affects the brain, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. Effective treatment is best achieved in an appropriate healthcare setting in order for all the factors and concerns to be addressed concurrently.
What ARE SYMPTOMS OF DRUG ADDICTION?
Drugs affect people in different ways. People have different tolerance levels, however a commonality is the degree of secrecy around obtaining and the extent of using drugs.
Some of the general warning signs of drug use include:
- Sudden changes in behaviour
- Mood swings; irritable and grumpy and then suddenly happy and bright
- Withdrawal from family members
- Aggression or angry outbursts
- Irritable and restlessness
- Panicky & anxious
- Manic behaviour
- Poor self care
- Loss of interest in hobbies, interests, sports and other favourite activities
- Increased spending or need/requests for finances
- Changed or disrupted sleeping pattern and energy levels
- Dilated pupils, glassy or red eyes
- Sniffly or runny nose
SELF ASSESSMENT: AM I ADDICTED TO DRUGS?
HOW DO WE TREAT DRUG ADDICTION?
PRIVATE DRUG ADDICTION TREATMENT AT LUXURY DRUG ABUSE TREATMENT CENTER IN IRELAND
We treat all forms of Drug Addiction including most commonly cocaine, cannabis and prescription medication.
Unlike many treatment centres we do not have a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Our comprehensive assessments inform both our clients and our team of the underlying factors associated with current issues. From this, we devise a truly individualised programme in order to offer the most tailored intervention – one that is more likely to offer longer term relief. We only ever treat one client at a time – no groups or concerns about confidentiality.
Every component of our treatment model is designed to support recovery and rehabilitation.
Clients at RósGlas overcome drug addiction in highly exclusive and private surroundings in Ireland. Therapy treatment is brought to you by our expert team and includes:
- psychiatric consultations,
- addiction counselling
- biochemical restoration for alcoholism
- personal training
- a range of complimentary therapies.
Comfort and discretion is always assured.