AND HOW WE TREAT IT
What IS BULIMIA NERVOSA?
Bulimia Nervosa Is Characterised By Excessive Or Compulsive Binge Eating Episodes, Followed By Compensatory Actions Like Purging, Excessive Exercise, Food Restriction Or Using Laxatives.
Like any eating disorder often other psychological issues are also present such as mood disorders and emotional problems, anxiety, depression, stress, relationship problems, low self-esteem, guilt, shame, cravings and more… Bulimia Nervosa can cause other problems in life, relationship issues, family problems, communication difficulties, problems with studies or work as well as devastating irreversible health problems.
What ARE SYMPTOMS OF BULIMIA NERVOSA?
- Binge eating and purging
- Eating in secret, hiding or lying about what you eat
- Preoccupation with weight, body image, size and shape
- Laxative abuse
- Fluctuations in weight
- Unstable mood
- Disrupted sleeping patterns
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Fatigue & weakness
- Vitamin & mineral deficiencies
- Tooth decay and irreversible damage to teeth
- Strain on pancreas
- Damage to stomach lining
- Irreversible damage to oesophagus from purging
- Kidney damage and failure
- Constipation / Diarrhoea
- Insulin resistance / Diabetes
SELF ASSESSMENT: AM I SUFFERING FROM BULIMIA?
HOW DO WE TREAT BULIMIA?
PRIVATEBULIMIA NERVOSA TREATMENT AT LUXURY EATING DISORDERS TREATMENT CENTRE IN IRELAND
The expert team at RósGlas are highly experienced in treating Bulimia and other eating disorders. We provide luxury, private bulimia nervosa treatment in a homely private residence.
Following detailed medical and psychological assessments we provide a tailored treatment programme to help each client – understanding your unique individual needs and goals.
RósGlas provides treatment and therapy for bulimia in complete luxury, comfort and privacy.
We only ever treat one client at a time – our expert, professional and supportive team are dedicated to provide you with all the care and attention you require.
Treatment includes but is not limited to:
- All our clients are provided with a specialist live-in therapist and case manager, available and present 24 hours a day including during meal times and through the night.
- Address underlying psychological issues of self-esteem, perfectionism, communication, family/relationship difficulties, stress and trauma.
- Mindfulness and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) – shown through clinical research to help with binge eating, eating disorders and related issues.
- Biochemical Restoration for eating disorders. Address vitamin and mineral deficiencies and neurochemical imbalances.
- Provide targeted nutrition, diet and meal plan, devised with help from a specialist dietician and prepared by your own private chef provided by RósGlas in the client residence.
- Family support and therapy.
- Life coaching, specialist therapy and relaxation techniques; yoga, meditation, mindfulness, walks in nature, equine therapy, massage, cranial electrotherapy techniques, acceptance and commitment therapy and more…
- Ongoing aftercare treatment, follow-up care and longer-term support for client and family.
Comfort and discretion is always assured.