BINGE EATING / OVEREATING
AND HOW WE TREAT IT
What IS BINGE EATING / OVEREATING?
Binge Eating Or Food Addiction Is Characterised By Compulsive Eating And Feeling Unable To Stop Or Control The Urges Or Binges.
Many people who overeat use food to help cope with stress, manage their feelings or to try and change how they feel. Much like other addictions binge eating can lead to negative addictive cycles with uncontrolled eating followed by feelings of guilt and shame that only fuel further binge eating. This chronic condition can have a lasting impact on quality of life, physical and mental health. Binge eating can be alleviated with the right help and you can learn to develop a healthy relationship with food.
We view binge eating disorders and food addiction in much the same way as we view other obsessive compulsive conditions. At RósGlas, we aim to treat the underlying causes of these habits by addressing psychological issues, biochemical imbalances and earlier experiences of trauma.
What ARE SYMPTOMS OF FOOD ADDICTION?
Signs & Symptoms Of Binge Eating / Food Addiction:
- Frequent or regular episodes of binge eating
- Feeling unable to stop or control what you’re eating
- Eating when you are full
- No regular meal plans – eating throughout the day and night
- Emotional distress is often a trigger or accompanies binge eating
- Binge eating is followed by further distressing feelings like guilt or shame
- Depression and sense of loneliness
- Eating in secret, hiding food or what has been eaten from others
- Weight gain or obesity
- Desperate attempts to control eating habits – but feel powerless
Health Complications Related To Binge Eating / Food Addiction Include:
- Vitamin & mineral deficiencies
- Biochemical imbalances
- Mental Health problems
- Strain on organs including pancreas and kidney
- Diabetes / Insulin resistance
- Metabolic syndrome
- Unstable mood
- Hormone imbalances and hormone disorders
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Difficulty sleeping
- Gastro-intestinal problems
HOW DO WE TREAT FOOD ADDICTION?
RósGlas provides exclusive and private binge eating & overeating treatment with our highly experienced specialist team in Ireland.
Our clients enjoy complete confidentiality and 5 star concierge therapy for binge eating. Our clients are provided with a live-in therapist, personal chef and specialist team who provide 1-2-1 private therapy in the clients residence.
Following our comprehensive medical and psychological assessments we design a tailored binge eating & overeating treatment programme to help each individual client.
We only ever treat one client at a time – meaning no group therapy or concerns about your confidentiality. Our expert, professional and supportive team are dedicated to provide you with the best care and attention you require to treat disordered eating.
- All our clients are provided with a specialist live-in therapist and case manager.
- We provide a range of evidence-based therapy for eating disorders including cognitive behaviour therapy CBT, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy DBT, mindfulness, person-centred counselling, addiction counselling, trauma therapy and more…
- Address underlying psychological issues of guilt, shame, self-esteem, depression, relationship problems, stress and trauma.
- Biochemical restoration for food addiction. Address vitamin and mineral deficiencies and neurochemical imbalances. This also helps with cravings.
- Provide targeted delicious nutrition, diet and meal plan, devised with help from a specialist dietician and prepared by your own private chef provided by RósGlas in the client residence.
- Family support and therapy.
- Life coaching and other complimentary therapies; personal training, yoga, walks, cranial electrotherapy, massage, reflexology and more…
- Ongoing aftercare treatment and continued support.
Comfort and discretion is always assured.