AND HOW WE TREAT IT
What IS ANOREXIA NERVOSA?
Anorexia Nervosa Effects Women And Men And Can Develop At Any Time Although Is Usually Present In Late Teens And Early Adulthood. Anorexia Is A Serious Psychological Illness That Has A Major Negative Effect On The Body And Overall Health.
It is a psychiatric condition that relates to a high mortality rate if left untreated. Often other psychological problems co-exist like anxiety, obsessive compulsive urges, depression, irritability, difficulty sleeping, fatigue, confusion, difficulty thinking and memory problems. The extent of restricted eating and concerns of weight, body shape and size has negative consequences on a persons quality of life, impacts the family, relationships, studies or work. Due to restricted eating, most people with anorexia have serious nutritional deficiencies which in turn can exacerbate mental health and physical health issues.
Anorexia, like addiction, is a progressive illness and never just improves. It will always gets worse without proper specialist treatment.
What ARE SYMPTOMS OF ANOREXIA NERVOSA?
Signs & Symptoms Of Anorexia:
- Food restriction
- Significant weight loss or low weight
- Increasing pursuit of low weight
- Distorted body image
- Intense fear of putting on weight or fat
- Preoccupation with weight, body size or shape
- Obsessive tendencies or focus on calorie or nutritional content of foods
There is a number of health complications related to Anorexia Nervosa that progressively worsen without treatment:
- Absence of menstrual cycle (amenorrhea)
- Slow heart rate and damage to heart
- Low blood pressure
- Limb tingling or numbness
- Muscle loss and weakness
- Osteoporosis (loss of bone density)
- Fine hair growth (lanugo)
- Brittle nails and hair
- Severe cases result in organ failure, brain damage and death.
SELF ASSESSMENT: AM I SUFFERING FROM ANOREXIA?
HOW DO WE TREAT ANOREXIA?
Private Anorexia Nervosa Treatment AT LUXURY EATING DISORDERS TREATMENT CENTRE IN IRELAND
The team at RósGlas have a wealth of experience and expertise in treating eating disorders.
We understand that anorexia is a complex illness. Following our comprehensive medical and psychiatric assessments we design a custom-made treatment programme to help each individual and their unique underlying issues.
RósGlas provides expert, private anorexia nervosa treatment and therapy in an understanding, supportive and luxury home environment.
- All our clients are provided with a specialist live-in therapist and case manager, available and present 24 hours a day including during meal times. We only treat one client at a time.
- We provide a range of specialist psychotherapy for eating disorders.
- Address underlying psychological issues of self-esteem, perfectionism, communication, family/relationship difficulties, stress and trauma.
- Test and restoration of any biochemical factors related to disordered eating, addressing vitamin and mineral deficiencies and neurochemical imbalances.
- Provide targeted nutritional plan and diet, devised with help from a specialist dietician and prepared by a private chef in the client residence.
- Lifestyle coaching, diet and nutritional planning including establishment of regular eating patterns.
- Family psycho-education and therapy.
- Relaxation techniques; yoga, meditation, mindfulness, walks in nature, massage, cranial electrotherapy techniques and more…
- Ongoing aftercare treatment, follow-up care and support for client and family.
Comfort and discretion is always assured.